Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Darkness Prevail...?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Text Combat suggestion.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunecat

Dunecat

Text Combat suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:25 am

So, text Battles we speak about. Cool. Everyone likes them, unless "they suck". They way I see to make them a bit more mature, is, aside from being creative and logical in your actions (and having enough knowledge of the language, btw, I've happened to lag a bit in Text Battles sometimes, when I failed to to find English euqivalents to the words I would have used.) I suggestion, is rather simple, and yet, should be accepted, seems to have a good potential. Stats, exactly how they are in "RPG" games, but, perhaps without "Constitution"... or with it.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Wisdom:
Intelligence:
Charisma:

10 is a basic value for an average human being. It is possible to add a seventh parameter, "Luck", but it depends, since KotoR we all like (more or less) had only 6.
Of cource, those core parameters will lead to the creation of Skill Tree for a Text abilities like "Computers", 'Repair", "Medicine" etc. Because some of the management can turn out quite complex, the "Force Amplitude will consist not of 10-20, as normal Skills, but of 30 points, 10 being a human average.

Therefore, every character created, and an existing ones, would have to post their character's lists on the forum.

So far I can only discuss core stats, as the Skill tree will be based on it.

Absolute Minmum: 0
Starting Player Character Minimum: 8
Starting Player Character Maximum: 19
Absolute Maximum: 20 (Or 25, depending on suggestions)

Thus, a character starts with 48 pre-distributed points, 12-natural distributable +18 points, thus 78 points in the beginning, allowing you to create 13-eveything. Each rank up you get +1 point. Starting from the "Knight" level, you can get one of your stats to the 20 (Max.). On the rank Master+ (or Sith Lord+) you can get your second parameter to 20.

Example:
Luke Skywalker starts with;

Strength: 8
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 8
Wisdom: 8
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 8

then he distributes his 30 points, and achieves this. (or so I belive, calculator bless me)

Strength: 13
Dexterity: 13
Constitution:10
Wisdom: 16
Intelligence: 14
Charisma: 12

When Jedi Master Obi Wan initiates him, he spends one more point on Wisdom. (Jedi Initiate)
When he continues his training after the death of Obi wan, he spends one more point on Wisdom. (Jedi Padawan) When he studies under Yoda, he gets one more point, which he spends on Wisdom yet again! (Jedi Knight) On Defeat of Darth Vader, and being a Plot Character, he gains one point (Jedi Master). He spends it one Wisdom, as a Master, thus allowing him to reach Max stat on Wisdom. Later on, he further progresses, and by his experience he learns even more (Jedi Grand Master / Dark Lord. Perhaps, some other could count, it's up to admins). His last point he spends on his Constitution, as represented by his battle scars. The result is:

Strength: 13
Dexterity: 13
Constitution:11
Wisdom: 20 (!)
Intelligence: 14
Charisma: 12

He would have been a good example of Jedi Consular, if he wasn't overpowered by George.
Back to top Go down
Tyran
Dark Lord of Oblivion
Tyran

PostSubject: Re: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 am

This seems, odd, i dont know how it would work, I will discuss it with the Admin Team.
Back to top Go down
Sithis.

Sithis.

PostSubject: Re: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks for trying, mate, but leave it to us, admins, we shall keep you informed of the system.
Back to top Go down
Dunecat

Dunecat

PostSubject: Re: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:48 am

The system is to make Text Roleplaying, during conflicts, easy. To be exact, it should solve the problem with:
A: "I'm more powerfull!
B: "No, I'm on DLOTS-level!"
But alright. It's just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sithis.

Sithis.

PostSubject: Re: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:51 pm

You are reading my mind with that one, but the 1st one...IDK, just not it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text Combat suggestion.   Text Combat suggestion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Text Combat suggestion.
Page 1 of 1