Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Darkness Prevail...?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you guys are revamping Oblivion...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evanos

If you guys are revamping Oblivion... Empty
PostSubject: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm

May I suggest a few helpful tips;

• Stop playing favorites
One of the things that really bothered me about this server and ultimately lead to the downfall of the plot was the lack of roleplay ability on Faction Leader's parts, you may be friends with some of the people who brought this server up with you; but if you have the common knowledge to see that person doesn't have the edge or bring anything to the table, just tell him or her straight up what their part in this roleplay will be. Life is full of disappointments, don't cry because they don't go your way.

• As Private Roleplay's and Stories are nice, don't stray from the main plot
Another thing that bothered me (and I'll just come out in plain site and say it) was peoples ability to jump on the band wagon and leave everything else behind. People seemed more focused on Rick's crew (which I never saw the appeal too) and his "Grey Jedi" story, then anything else on the server. Maybe it's because you are all buddy buddy, but that's got to go. Towards the end of Oblivion's old plot, we made some broad strides to get back on track - but it ultimately lead back towards Rick and his super kewl plot.

• Pick things people will be interested in
Having the same cut and dry Factions and story line is all well and good if it's run well, but honestly it won't work here. I see you are making this "Reaver" faction, which looks pretty interesting but I hope it won't fall short and become just a cliche of a Star Wars Faction, I'd rather it be a copy of a faction from another game. I'd even go as far and suggesting some new type of Roleplay, other than Star Wars or Fantasy/Anime, if you have the time to commit to bringing something new; I'd be game to try it out.

I'd type more, but I am just physically drained from basketball - Feel free to post your opinions or suggestions below.
Back to top Go down
Tyran
Dark Lord of Oblivion
Tyran

PostSubject: Re: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 pm

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but you're damned right, I didnt want anything to go the way it did, so we're fixing it, and if it all goes wrong, then I'll just close Oblivion for good, coz nothing'll change, me and Xav are trying our best now.
Back to top Go down
Awec

Awec

PostSubject: Re: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:14 am

Can I also suggest that there should be no more WTF super-powerful Sith Lords popping up randomly in places where no one can so much as have a 1 minute long fight with them and even in places where they plain shouldn't be?
I didn't want to complain at the time, since I wanted to see what it led to, but when Rick randomly made Chase's ghost appear in the Jedi Temple, of all places, I was quite annoyed and even more so when he kept complaining that his character would have owned mine in 5 seconds flat. (Especially since he had a 10+ minute long duel with a lower-ranked Jedi and didn't complain.)

Furthermore, let's remember the whole point behind Star Wars. People told me I would be weak because the strong ones (in the films; Dooku & Obi-Wan etc.) were exceptionally strong in the force but were very rare.
Now, unless I forget, all the main characters in the films were of this type. The reason is that BECAUSE they were exceptionally powerful, they were noteworthy. The films did not focus around the weaker characters because the weaker characters did very little. I'm pretty sure that most people here want to do something of worth, so don't just claim they're weaker because you want to win a duel.
Also, ranks do very little, especially in the Jedi. If a Jedi master can defeat a Sith Lord, chances are a well-trained Knight could do the same. It's also a good idea not to forget the fact that a Knight who has trained to fight against Sith Lords all his life is going to be better at it than a Master who has sought out the secret of life in the Archives all his life; yet it seems that masters are stronger than Knights at everything, even things they've never done before.

Finally of course, the duels themselves. It's pointless just to have a 15 minute long duel just because both players have heal and keep healing themselves. In future, why not use the duelling function in JA itself?

This probably does sound like a rage but these things have really interfered with my RPing and need to be stopped since they really only give the person who does them any fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:06 am

Awec and Evanos bring up very real problems. We shall discuss this. That is why we are trying to push for more NON-FS for this time. We will have a very limited number of FS. And they will not be uberwtfpwnage. Keep the comments up. We shall use these to better the servers plot! (Only constructive crit, don't just crit to do it.
Back to top Go down
Keenac

PostSubject: Re: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:35 am

I support Awec and Evanos!

If you guys are revamping Oblivion... 7302comdedypv6pj3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you guys are revamping Oblivion...   If you guys are revamping Oblivion... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you guys are revamping Oblivion...
Page 1 of 1