Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Darkness Prevail...?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rick Terras' Power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dante Erinith
Lord of Oblivion
Dante Erinith

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 am

Obviously, this's requesting approval for Rick. So i'll make this bit short, and get to the requests.

Push: 3, from 2
Reasoning: Having taken every possible opportunity to practice his telekenesis, even in menial and trivial daily tasks like picking up a book, or larger tasks like knocking down pillars, to ceaselessly constructing lightsabers using nothing but the force, Rick has reinforced his knowledge and power of this ability. Enabling him to use his enhanced energy and technique to do even greater things.

Pull: 2, from 1
Reasoning: Same as Push

Sense: 2, from 1
Reasoning: Constantly using Telepathy, Feeling his surroundings, and all of his other force powers, Rick has developed differing methods of feeling the force, as well as strengthening his current ones, particuarly through meditation.

Absorb: 2, from 1
Reasoning: Several times has Rick had to defend himself against hostile force powers, mainly lightning. While his saber may of been good enough for this task, Rick also reinforced it with his knowledge in absorb, sometimes focusing solely on that. Assisting him greatly on Korriban and Ziost.

Protect: 2, from 1
Reasoning: Similar to absorb, Rick has had to depend on his minor knowledge of protect to defend himself against superior numbers. Without it, he would of easily become overwhelmed; and through constant use along with study of the Force Bubble power, he has reinforced this power.

Non-IG powers;

Force bubble, Minor
Reasoning: While studying the making of this in an effort to improve his skills at protect, Rick learned very little he could truly understand. But after witnessing a Draethos, Vercidime, utilise it in defence, Rick quickly saw how the power worked; he understood it, all he needed was a quick example to make it stick. Now, he can use the power in a similar method; but only sustain it for a short period of time, having to remain stationary while doing it. Leaving him open to attack.

Reasoning: A Greater level of experience, a greater reinforcement of his powers, and understanding of his own beliefs. As a freelancer, this is all he would really need; while not officially recognised necessarilly, he would still be at this level of strength. Able to teach others the ways of the force.

All of the reasoning has been performed in game, most of it experienced by Tyran. If examples are needed, just ask; i'll give you them.
Back to top Go down
Tyran
Dark Lord of Oblivion
Tyran

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 am

I've been with Rick ICly through alot of his time here, and in my opinion this is completly fair, Approved.
Back to top Go down
Husky

Husky

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 pm

if tyran talked with you about that...okay.... approved!
Back to top Go down
Dante Erinith
Lord of Oblivion
Dante Erinith

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:07 am

Yeah, this is just TextRP powers and a rank improvement, both due to IC feats and rankage.

Non-IG powers;

Force Blast, Minor
Reasoning: Having witnessed, fought against and alongside this power many times, as well as private study and attempted usage of it, Rick is beginning to grasp how to use this himself, already understanding the theory and concept behind it. Although at the moment it would only be a low level, further practice and use of it could improve it to a much higher level, although as it is Rick would be better off using his standard push.

Force Repulse, Minor
Reasoning: Same as Force Blast, as well as having used a makeshift version of it; throwing his telekenesis at the ground, the resulting force knocking 15 soldiers who had surrounded him back against the walls, killing most of them.

Force Crush, Minor
Reasoning: Using Grip and studying how to strengthen this power's potential, Rick has finally unearthed Force Crush. Mostly understanding it in theory, he was repeatedly tried to attempt it in practice, both mock and in real life battles. Although he always failed, each failure taught him something new, and eventually he managed to use a minor Force Crush during a duel; although it had little effect, he realised how to use it and consequently practice it to improve its magnitude.

Phase, Basic
Reasoning: While studying the other powers, and spending a lot of time with Vercidime, Rick learned about how to use this power as well as see it applied in practicality. Although he can use them, it is insanely difficult for him to do so; probably the result of learning too much at a time. As such, it would be impossible for him to use them in battle or without significant focus, leaving him breathing and panting for air afterwards no matter what he did. There is still much for him to learn until he can use this power to any level of efficiency.
Note; He cannot use it at all, other than in small amounts; as such, for Phase, Rick cannot use it until further study.

Dimension Shift, Basic
Reasoning: The same reasons as Phase; seeing its practical application as well as studying this alongside other powers. Able to use it, but not without high levels of concentration and energy usage, he still needs to practice and see it used more often to use it himself at any useful level.
Note; like with Phase, he cannot actually use it at the moment, but he knows how to.

Rank: Master Knight (Greater than Knight, lower than Master)
Rick has been busy; Drawing against a Sith Lord in battle, assisting in his death later on, even holding his own against Darth Valus for an hour before eventually losing, and many other feats thought unexpected or unlikely for his level. His power continues to grow at a steady rate, seemingly not impeded no matter how hard the task at hand. He is certainly no Knight anymore; but is he a master? Not quite, no. He has the power of a master, but he lacks experience and knowledge of how best to direct that power. There are still things for him to learn before he can truly call himself a master of the force.

Need more reasoning? Just ask, and i'll hand it over.
Back to top Go down
Sithis.

Sithis.

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 am

Approved, but dont think you can /force bubble from higher ranked/ same as you
Back to top Go down
Tyran
Dark Lord of Oblivion
Tyran

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 am

All approved, been with him again(For most anyway) Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rick Terras' Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Terras' Power   Rick Terras' Power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rick Terras' Power
Page 1 of 1